Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Abandoned places

I have a weird fascination with abandoned places. To me there is something hauntingly beautiful about them. My mind runs wild with the thoughts of who lived there and what kind of dreams and hopes and loves and losses they experienced, what kind of tragedy or desperation or joy drove them leave this place. Did they find happiness? Did they leave suddenly and tragically? Or did they just slowly slip away until all that was left was just this empty shell? Do they miss this place?

Maybe you think I’m crazy. Probably you do. And I’m not sure what it is yet that captivates me about abandoned places. I have no fantastic Biblical analogy. God hasn’t spoken to me anything about that just yet. But just look at these pics and see for yourself…

Aren’t they captivating? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...