Thursday, April 4, 2013

Now playing

Yesterday, I was browsing through my "Top 25 Most Played" list on iTunes and thought I'd share it with you. This is a little insight into what I play on repeat at the start of my day…or sometimes at the end of a very loooooong day. They're pretty predictable, except for the Whitney Houston one. How'd that get in there?!

So pull up a chair, and share an earphone with me for a sec...


1. Amazed - This is such a beautiful worship song about about how He loves us. This is a happy song and I'm glad it's number one, proof that no matter what my sister says I do listen to more upbeat stuff than depressing after all! I never cease to be amazed at how much He loves me. That's all this song is about. It just never gets old.

2. Always - I went through a phase where I listened to a lot of Switchfoot. It coincided with the "A Walk to Remember" phase that all Christian teenage girls go through. I've since mostly tired of Switchfoot, but this song has stuck. All it says pretty much is "I'm always, always, always yours." I think that knowledge that I belong to Someone forever is what centers me and my emotions sometimes, the thought that I'm His. That's why this is number 2.

3. I Look to You - I discovered this song a year ago by accident and was going through some difficult situations and it sort of became my soundtrack. I associate this song with tears and train rides and long nights. The lyrics kind of resonate with difficult times when you feel completely helpless against the things that you are facing and all that you can do is look to Him.
After all that I've been through
Who on earth can I turn to …
After all my strength is gone
In You I can be strong
I look to You.
4. A Little Longer - With three songs, Bethel definitely dominates this list. This song is just about being in God's presence and the desire to bring an offering to Him. But in the end all He wants is just us.

5. Draw Near - Another Bethel song, from The Loft Sessions, this is a good follow-up to A Little Longer. It's about God calling us to simply draw near to Him.

6. I Believe in You and Me - My mom's all-time favorite movie is "The Preacher's Wife" in which Whitney Houston sings this song to her husband. I guess I have a lot of memories attached to this song, but for me it symbolizes believing in love and in commitment against all the odds. That is a beautiful thought that I aspire to. Is that a good enough excuse? Haha. What can I say? I love to listen to this song and remind myself that love and people are worth believing in.

7. Take the World but Give me Jesus - One of my favorite old hymns written by Fanny Crosby, a blind American woman, who's goal was to win a million lives to Christ. Her story is amazing, and if you haven't read about her, you should!

8. Beautiful Things - see more about this song here.

9. There is None Like You - A classic. So simple and so beautiful. This song got me through some tough situations in Tanzania and Kenya (see the "read more" section of this blog for more about that).

10. I Need You More - I never grow tired of this song. It is always true. Every morning and every night, I can say that I need Him more than yesterday. Always.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...