Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Picture

This photo is called "lunch at my desk".


Currently my office looks like a tornado hit it, not only because of the general back-log of papers and tests and homework and to-do lists but also because we are in the middle of preparing to paint. Painting turned out to be a much bigger job than we expected and involved a giant sanding machine which rained dust all over everything. EVERYTHING. This dusting coincided with the breaking of our vacuum cleaner which means the dust is sticking around for a while.

The giant sander was followed by turpentine. Have you ever tried to answer emails while inhaling turpentine fumes? It makes for some pretty loopy sentences. I don't recommend it. I also don't recommend trying to teach a grammar class while you are high on turpentine. Not a good idea.

In retrospect, we should have just evacuated the office for a few days for them to be able to do all the work. But well, we're just not that organized, and there's no time these days! Hence, I have been eating lunch at my desk, which besides being unsanitary because it's pretty much like eating in a construction zone, is just downright depressing. And to top all that, this $4.00 microwave noodle box from Woolworths is absolutely disgusting. I threw it out shortly after snapping this photo.

And that's "lunch at my desk".

2 comments:

craigsblog144 said...

Go outside and take a walk and enjoy God's creation... I think that will help.

Emily said...

good idea :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...