Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hope remains

"But as for me, I will always have hope." - Psalm 71:14

For some reason lately, I am irrationally, inexplicably hopeful. I mean it just doesn't make sense at all! This year has been one challenge after another and just when I feel that I am out of the woods, that the clouds are starting to clear, something else comes up. It is as though the trials just never let up!

But despite all of this, in my soul - in the deep, core of my being - I have found that there is hope. My rational mind cannot devise a reason to be hopeful in the face of the mountains ahead of me. It just does not make sense. But it is as though my soul knows something my mind does not and it is full of hope.

Sometimes when I'm walking home late at night after another insanely long day of work, I will suddenly feel that hope, that expectation for something I don't even know yet, deep inside of me and I'll start to smile.

And then these verses all about hope keep playing on repeat in my head:
Jeremiah 29:11 - God has prepared a future and a HOPE for us. 
Psalm 23:18 - Our HOPE will not be cut off.  
Romans 4:18 - Against all HOPE, believe in HOPE. 
Hebrews 11:1 - HOPE is the beginning of faith. 
Hebrews 6:19 - HOPE is the anchor of our soul. 
1 Corinthians 13:13 - HOPE remains.

I know, I know, it may appear to be the first signs of insanity, but I'm pretty sure it's just the workings of an insanely loving God.

So whatever mountains or storms (or hurricanes) you may be facing, dear reader, I pray that hope will rise up in your soul - crazy, irrational, inexplicable hope - that will put a smile on your face and a song in your heart in the middle of the chaos around you.

A song like this...

"The Sun Will Rise" - The Brilliance from Michael Rowley on Vimeo.

May you ALWAYS have hope.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I like that, Emma, that's good! I'm glad you have that hope :)

Everson said...

Hope

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...