Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Picture

This term at school the verse we are meditating on is John 10:4, "His sheep follow Him because they know His voice."

How simple that is! They know His voice. The KNOW it!

If only I spent more time learning His voice than listening to my own, I am sure the answers to all my confusing prayers would be much clearer and the way through my struggles would be much straighter.

Do you know your Shepherd's voice, dear reader?
Being perplexed, I say,
"Lord, make it right!
Night is as day to You,
Darkness as light.
I am afraid to touch
Things that involve so much;
My trembling hand may shake,
My skilless hand may break;
Yours can make no mistake." 
Being in doubt I say,
"Lord, make it plain;
Which is the true, safe way?
Which would be gain?
I am not wise to know,
Not sure of foot to go;
What is so clear to Thee,
Lord, make it clear to me!" 
~Streams in the Desert

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...