Thursday, July 5, 2012

Letting things go...

There is a stretch of road just outside of Worcester, after the last petrol station and just before the turn off to Rawsonville, where the road opens up to beautiful vineyards that stretch all the way to the distant majestic mountains crowned with little puffs of white clouds. There, where I leave behind the stress and worry of Worcester with the open road stretching out in front of me and the sun twinkling on the leaves of the grape vines all around, I meet God. Always. I can't count all the sweet words He has spoken to me on that stretch of road, our meeting place.


I owe you some explanations, my faithful readers, as to why I haven't blogged in so long. Well, my life has been so full and busy lately with school and family and friends and the base leadership team and so much more. I was juggling way too much, and I hate the feeling of doing many things halfway. So inevitably something had to go. And that something was this blog.

But take heart, I haven't given up altogether!

I've been wanting to share these pictures with you. After four years of living near Cape Town, there was just one famous site I had never been to, Groot Constantia. It is the oldest original vineyard in Cape Town. The combination of the vineyards and the old dutch architecture and the roses and the clouds rolling in over the mountains was absolutely stunning. Why did I wait four years to see this?




I will try to post again soon. I have so many thoughts in my head, I need to get them out before I go crazy! So stay tuned...

1 comment:

Grace said...

That's a beautiful post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...