Friday, May 25, 2012

Tales from the coffee lover...

Remember when I moved to my flat and I had all these grand ideas of cooking everyday? Yeah, that never happened. When my sister came to live with me last year, she cooked some pretty good stuff until she too succumbed to my cook-free lifestyle. And my current influx of temporary roommates have made some great meals for me too, but left to my own devices, I still eat tuna...straight from the can.

And when I say, straight from the can, I mean STRAIGHT from the can. Envision me with a can in one hand and fork in the other. Yep.

I do manage to change it up occasionally and my menu includes regular veggie burgers and protein bars and the occasional homemade pizza. But mostly it's tuna, tuna, and more tuna. If I'm really desperate, I'll go to Mugg & Bean where the waiters know my order by heart. Or I'll wait to get invited to someone's house...shameless, I know.

It's OK. I've resigned to the fact that without my mother's fully-stocked kitchen, a nearby American grocery store, and a dishwasher, I just can't cook. I'm OK with that, really. So long as I have coffee, I can survive.

That's why I'm super excited about my recent purchase...a beautiful French press.

I had one before, but it was cheap and the insides didn't hold up under my heavy use (I'm starting to sound like an addict!). And eventually, like most things in my house including my Mac, it got dropped on the tile floor...and well, that was pretty much all she wrote. But I had a gift card which I kept for a while, so I decided to invest in this little glass beauty...


I think she needs a name, a French name. Any ideas?

Anyways, the very next day, I went to Checkers and lo and behold, after four months of being sold out, I found this...


And I may or may not have done this...


So while I may not cook or eat "real" food or have anything of substance in my refrigerator, at least I will always have coffee...good coffee.

That's all that really matters, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...