Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday Picture

Once upon a time, I lived in Tanzania...

Last night, one of my precious students sent me a message saying "when will you come?"

And suddenly, I missed that place all over again.

I missed this dear bunch of students.


I missed our little classroom and the noise of the brick-making outside our window.


I missed the Maasai people..


...and their little bomas.


I missed seeing giraffes and zebras beside the road.


I missed Zanzibar...


...and water so blue it makes your heart ache.


I missed eating Korean food every day...sometimes by candle light.


I missed the Matatus and the crazy Matatu drivers....wait, I'm not sure if I miss that actually.


But mostly I missed all these precious friends who still have such a big piece of my heart.





I <3 Tanzania.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...