Friday, March 30, 2012

More than amazing

Another term at the English Language School has graduated.

This was the view from the lapa where we had our graduation. Doesn't it just take your breath away?


I never get used to letting these ones go. When I remember all that God has brought us through in one year, I am overwhelmed. Small victories we've celebrated together. Tears we've cried together. Stories we've shared together. Adventures we've had together. Lessons we've learned together. 

Each one of their lives are like letters written on my heart.


I wish sometimes I had videos of them when they first arrived and couldn't say more than two words in English - like these two on my left and my right in this picture. To hear them now, speaking and sharing their hearts in English is staggeringly beautiful.


When I think about it, I remember the words of that Lincoln Brewster song, God You are "more than amazing."

More than amazing.


Now I have one week to recover. And of course, like clockwork Sick Me has come to visit. It's OK. I love having a reason to stay in bed and blog.

Just one week before it starts all over again. I guess the good part is that after all the goodbyes are said, there are always more students coming...more lives to share...more people to love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...