Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Pictures

I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm lying in bed and eating cold pizza while I write this. One, because Sunday morning is THE best time to be on the internet on our base since most rational people are sleeping in and/or going to church - I'm doing neither. Two, because what weekend would be complete without cold pizza for breakfast?

Today's picture is also a question. Does anybody have any idea how to play this game? Me and my friend spent a long Saturday night trying to figure out how to play it. In the end we invented our own version which involved moving the pegs forwards and backwards multiple times and a whole lot of crazy math. It got a little out of hand and ended up with a broken glass and coffee everywhere. And somehow I lost...

I hate losing. Did you know that? You should know that. Please keep note of that somewhere for future reference.


Oh and here's a random fact for you. Tonight is the Academy Awards in America. Apparently Christopher Plummer aka "the Captain" from the Sound of Music is nominated for an Oscar. He is 82 years old! Can you believe that?


Christopher Plummer, well actually "the Captain", was sort of my childhood-self's epitome of the perfect man. Now come on, who of you didn't have an older-man crush on Christopher Plummer for like forever? When he sings "Edelweiss" my heart still gets a little mushy.


I was here too. See?


Though it's not nearly as magical during the day.

By the way, he's Canadian, but I think we can forgive him that.

Now, please excuse me, while I go watch my favorite Sound of Music highlights and finish my cold pizza.

Oh, and I still have pins in my ears, in case you were wondering. If my ears turn green and fall off in a few days, you'll know why.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...