Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Send me back to Africa!

Good news - my new South African visa arrived! It says "to be admitted for a period of 36 months" which sounds so nice and short and doable. But then it has the year "2015" printed on it which sounds incredibly far away and freaks me out. I'm choosing to think about the 36 month number instead.

Applying for visas is always stressful. Even though I'm always sure that I have all my documents in order, the visa people have a way of making you feel very small and helpless and pathetic as you turn your passport and future over into their hands. It's a scary feeling. Despite all of that, my application went through just fine and my passport arrived in record time - just 1 business day after I dropped it off!

So the next step is getting back to South Africa. The total cost of my ticket and all the visa expenses is $1500, which I need to come up with in the next week-and-a-half before I leave. Last year it was $350 in 30 days and this year it is $1500 in 10 days. Yikes! I'm tempted to stress out, and I can already feel that little sick worry feeling creeping up inside my stomach but I remember what God did last year and I'm sure that He can do it again.

Since I'm not paid a regular salary by my church or YWAM or any mission board, I depend on friends and family who are willing to stand with me financially. It sounds crazy to some people, but in the past 5 years of trusting God I've traveled to 18 different countries, lived entirely debt free, and have even been able to move into my own flat this year!

So although this $1500 is a big number, I'm sure that together, you, me and God can see it happen! Would you consider being a part of this?

You can make a tax deductible gift of any amount to:

Grace Abroad
P.O. Box 276
Charlottesville, VA 22902

Just put it in the mail along with the card at the bottom of this post. If you prefer, you can also just click the "Donate" button on the sidebar to make an electronic deposit via Paypal.

Please, send me back to Africa!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...