Friday, January 20, 2012

Days like this

Do you ever have days where you think, "What the heck am I doing with my life?"

Today is that day. I love South Africa and I can't wait to go home. But today driving around my hometown, walking around the mall, stopping at my favorite bakery, sipping sweet iced tea, I'm thinking, "What the heck am I doing living in South Africa? Why the heck am I volunteering when I could have a job and make a good salary? Why the heck do I walk everywhere and eat tunafish every day? Why the heck don't I just live a simple, normal life?!"

It probably has something to do with the fact that I really don't want to pack my suitcase or that I really don't feel like getting on an 18 hour plane ride in two days. But regardless of all that, it's just the way I feel today.

Do you ever have days like that, dear reader?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...