Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful memories

Thanksgiving is coming up. If you're not American, then you probably don't know that Thanksgiving is a big holiday - a really big holiday.

It's been a few years since I spent Thanksgiving in America, so it has kind of lost a little bit of its excitement for me. But over the years, I've still found a way to celebrate and to have some pumpkin pie no matter where I am.

Today I was remembering one of my craziest Thanksgivings spent in the bush bush with my friend Sarah. It all started with a visit to the hospital for severe heat rash and some kind of weird allergy...but that's another story.

Here are some of the highlights in pictures...

Is this really a pumpkin?
"From scratch" takes on a whole new meaning in the bush bush.
Our African kitchen

Baking pies over an open fire in our make-shift ovens.
The finished product. Happy Thanksgiving!
This thanksgiving I have a normal oven and a proper kitchen and I'll be celebrating with a fellow American who also happens to be my sister, but I'll never forget that Thanksgiving in the bush bush.

What about you, dear reader? Where in the world are you spending this Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

franceSujong said...

hi dear "poster"
i'm spending thanksgiving with a new bundle of joy in our home - Lily. :)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING. may God bless you Emily.
i still love reading your posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...