Monday, September 19, 2011

Chocolate cake and manicures

Yesterday I was in a strange mood.

I woke up at the crack of dawn and watched my Sunday morning sermon out of Simi Valley, CA while I painted my nails. They were beautiful - ok, beautiful by my standards. My best job yet!
Then I decided to take a shower, forgetting that I had just done my nails. Needless to say, all that remained of my beautiful manicure was little brown blobs.

So then I watched an episode of The Pacific and painted my nails again.

When that was done, I was bored. So I watched an episode of Grey's Anatomy and did my toes.

With no more appendages left to paint, I decided to bake a cake - only I didn't have any sugar, because, well, I don't really keep much food in my house. So I got bundled up and walked to the supermarket. Oh, by the way, I should mention that it was raining out, with gale-force winds. Anyways, got home, baked the cake, and realized that it was so rich that it really, really needed some vanilla ice cream to go with it.

So I braved the wind and rain again and walked to the supermarket again and bought vanilla ice cream. The security guy there was giving me some strange looks when I came in out of the hurricane-like weather a second time.

Then I ate some chocolate cake and ice cream, and some more chocolate cake and ice cream, and a little more chocolate cake and ice cream. Don't worry, there were other people eating too, so it wasn't as pathetic as it sounds, but by the end of the night I had a stomach ache and a sugar high and couldn't fall asleep until 2:00 in the morning.

Yes, yesterday I was in a strange mood.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...