Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Perfect Day in C-ville

What I’d be doing if I was in Charlottesville today:

Get up early and go for a morning run around UVA. Go home. Shower. Take a slow drive over the mountain to Staunton, maybe stopping at a few overlooks to enjoy the view. Then head to Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast - not that I’m actually a fan of Cracker Barrel (I mean the name alone is insulting to both my character and my intelligence), but it’s a tradition…and the sweet iced tea is pretty amazing. After breakfast, I’d spend a lazy afternoon shopping at my favorite secret shopping spot (which shall remain unnamed) and hunting for fashion treasures. Afterwards, I’d drive back over the mountain to C-ville and take a stroll along the downtown mall, stopping to search the clearance rack at Urban Outfitters and to piddle around the Antique shop. Then I’d get an early dinner at Christian’s Pizza, of course. Afterwards, I’d grab a blanket and head over to Scott Stadium for the special outdoor showing of Secretariat, where I’d probably cry because I am my Dad’s daughter after all. On the way home, I’d stop at Barnes and Noble, get some Starbucks and browse among the books….just kidding, the fashion magazines actually. Then I’d pick up a movie at Red Box. Go home and fall asleep snuggled up on the sofa with my dogs at my feet.

Yep, that would be pretty perfect.

2 comments:

OliveTree said...

It's great to visit your blog today. This does sound like a perfect day, the things we sigh about and miss!

Grace said...

you just made me homesick :(


save this and please let's make this happy January 4th!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...