Monday, May 9, 2011

Sunday Picture

Zanzibar. Yes, it's a real place, a magical island with the most beautiful beaches in the world. Blue, blue, blue water and remote sandy beaches and the biggest shrimp you can imagine. Mom came to visit me in Tanzania after three of the most difficult months of my life and we went to Zanzibar together. Our trip was bookended by two crazy bus rides and two very long ferry rides which included the hijacking of our luggage (and you already know how I am on boats), but for four amazing days we were together on the island and did just this - relaxed on the beach. This is my all-time favorite picture of my mom and one of our favorite memories together.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you!



P.S. How many moms look this amazing at 50+ years?! Everyone wanted to know if she was my sister, or if I was her first born! I was only a teeny bit jealous ;) I'm just hoping I got those genes!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...