1. You know that saying, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”? Well the same goes for an ounce of attention. It goes far.
2. Coffee is very important in the ELS. We go through coffee makers faster than we go through vacuum cleaners. And that is saying a lot.
3. Four hours of sleep is not sufficient to function normally. This became weirdly apparent when I kept writing words incorrectly on the board this week. Not misspelling words. No, that would be better. I mean just completely leaving letters out. It was weird. I would be worried except I had an MRI already and they didn’t find anything…actually, that may be the problem.
4. I think we should bring back the hand-kiss a la Thor.
5. If you decide to take a nap instead of going for a run, you may end up having to run in the rain. Not fun. Oh and speaking of running, do not run after eating this. You will get severe cramps but your pride will prevent you from stopping and walking. This will result in an excrutiatingly painful jog home.
6. I don’t know how to spell excruciatingly.
7. It is not possible to adequately love 44 students every day. But it is possible to give 44 hugs every day, to smile 44 times everyday, to ask “How are you?” 44 times a day, to say 44 "great job"s everyday, and to give 44 minutes of your individual attention everyday. And all that adds up to a whole lot of love.