Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sleepless musings

I feel old.

It's 12:00 at night and I can't sleep. I know you're thinking "What 25 year old goes to bed before midnight?" I know it's sad. When did I become that person who actually gets ready for bed at 8:00pm? I feel old.

I also can't sleep because I have a stomach ache and probably because I had one-too-many coffees today and can't seem to shut my mind off. It just keeps rehearsing all the conversations I have to have tomorrow again and again and again until I want to yell at myself to just "shut up, already!" It's the caffeine. Sometime in the past year I went from being a young caffeine chugger to someone who actually says, "I better not have that or I'll be up all night." I feel old.

I have to be up in six hours to go to school. Somehow this term our school is full of teenage boys. I never thought an 18 year old would ever be considered a "boy" in my mind, but really these boys are "boys". It's the first time I've ever given the orientation talk about "no relationships during the first six months" and gotten boo-ed. Ha! They are SO young! I feel old.

So, in summary, I feel old.

NOTE: If you start finding anti-wrinkle cream or prunes in my shopping cart, I give you permission to stage an intervention. Please.

1 comment:

me said...

imagine how i feel.....ancient is an understatement....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...