Monday, April 11, 2011

Care-packages

A missionary friend of mine has a part of her blog dedicated to “care packages” with the info people need to know if they want to send her something. I thought it was a pretty good idea, so I’m stealing it. While I can walk to a mall and do have most modern conveniences, there are still a few things I’d love to receive in a package – stuff I can't buy here, the kind of stuff that just screams "home" and makes me smile and stuff I just plain miss. Besides all that, getting mail is like the best part of my day. Since people are often like "what can I send you?" and I can never think of anything on the spur of the moment, I've put together a list to get you started. So here’s all the info you need:

Stuff to send:


Books
I love to read biographies or Christian living or just pass along whatever book has encouraged you lately!
    Magazines

    I read magazines cover to cover. In style, Reader’s Digest, or Time are my favs!




    Starbucks Via coffee packets
    If you have been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know about my long-time love affair with Starbucks coffee. This instant stuff is actually really good!

      Stride Gum


      It's the best. Really!




      Itunes gift card

      Send the gift card along with a list of music recommendations! I listen to anything and everything.


      Taco seasoning 

      Sometimes I crave Mexican food. I can't explain it. I just do. Unfortunately, Worcester and South Africa in general doesn't have much in the way of Mexican cuisine.



        Luna Bars

        None of the chocolate variety please! White chocolate macadamia nut, Vanilla almond, Dulce de leche, and Peanut butter cookie are some of my top flavors.

        DVDs
        TV series or sermon series are best. I already have Friends, Greys Anatomy and the Office (Seasons 2,3, & 4).

          Mary Kay make-up 


          I'm pretty much a strictly Mary-Kay person. Feel free to replenish my supplies.

          Virginia stuff, holiday stuff, or UVA stuff

          This always makes me happy.

          Claritin and Advil

          I go through this stuff like there's no tomorrow! My students think Advil is some kind of a magic pill from America.


          Most importantly, don't forget to include a note from you! I love to hear what's going on back home and what's new with you!


          Mailing Info:
          Please send the package in a flat-rate prepaid international envelope. It should cost $14. See this link for more info. This is the best way to mail things because I can receive it directly and don’t need to go to the post office and pay a fee to pick it up. Plus you can stuff it with as much heavy stuff as you like and still pay the same price!

          When describing the contents of the package, please use garage sale prices. Otherwise I may have to pay a pile of taxes and custom fees to receive it.

          My address here is:

          Emily Beliles c/o ELS
          P.O. Box 926
          Worcester 6849
          South Africa

          2 comments:

          Sarah Louise said...

          Have you had time to watch Grey's yet? ;)

          Emily said...

          not yet. looking forward to it though!

          Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...