Saturday, March 26, 2011

PB2

When I was in Italy, I was with some missionary friends who introduced me to PB2. Yes, that’s right, powdered peanut butter.


We Americans love our peanut butter. It’s an essential in every foreign-bound American’s suitcase and is definitely the go-to substitute for failed or inedible meals: Couldn’t handle that cat stew for lunch? Can’t stomach another plate of beans and rice? Don’t worry, I’ve got peanut butter in my room.

Yep, I have definitely survived for days on peanut butter. I mean it’s got everything you need – salt, sugar, and most importantly protein. That’s enough to keep you going for quite a while. And the best part is that you can eat it with pretty much anything – fruit like bananas or apples, vegetables like celery, starches like bread or crackers, sweets like cookies or cake, and I’ve even had some really good meat dishes made with peanut butter sauce. And when all else fails, you can eat it straight from the jar. I guess that’s why we love it so much!

I’ve seen Americans go to great lengths for a jar of peanut butter overseas, but this one pretty much takes the cake. And my friend swears it tastes just as good as the real thing, but lighter (so you can load your suitcase with it) and healthier too!

Thankfully South Africa has peanut butter readily available, otherwise I’d definitely be ordering me some of this! Anyone up for a PB&J sandwich?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...