Monday, February 7, 2011

Update on the challenge

With one week to go, we're just $55 dollars a month away from the goal! Check out our fundraising thermometer. It's almost full!

It's not too late to respond! I just need two more people giving $30 a month, that's just a dollar a day! OK, I'm starting to sound too much like an infomercial. So just read this

If you still want to make a monthly pledge and invest in my work in South Africa, please just shoot me an email and let me know how much you plan to give because I may not receive the response cards before I leave.

In other news, if you read this post, you probably know that I had an MRI a few weeks ago. Well, yesterday I got the bill *dum, dum, dum*. So now I'm $55 a month and a $1000 MRI bill away from my goal. I must confess after being so close to reaching my financial goals this month, it was more than a little disheartening, "Really, God?" But after getting the results from the MRI, after seeing $1600 for my plane ticket and $295 a month come in in 3 weeks, who am I to look at God and complain? And since the doctors have determined that all my problems were caused by excessive stress (a.k.a. worry), I've decided I'm not gonna stress about this one.

"God is utterly dependable" - 1 Corinthians 1

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...