Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Last Days

These are my last few days in the states, and they are full of goodbyes, which I hate. I already said goodbye to Dad as he is now in Bogata? Bolivia? Bulgaria? Not sure. I know it's a "B" country (it's hard to keep track of him). I'm kind of saying goodbye to my family in stages over the next month since Mom's coming with me to Germany. So she's taken to calling it "the long goodbye" which sounds kind of like I'm dying of cancer.

Anyways, I thought I should give you one final update on The Bucket List. Here you go:

1. Eat at Wild Wings Café at least twice. Sadly I don't think this is gonna happen. The best time to go to Wild Wings is on Tuesdays when you can get the 2 for 1 deal but we were always busy on Tuesday! Sadness.
2. Go snowtubing. Check! And the best part was that it was actually snowing! Here's a pic to prove it.
3. Play Settlers until the wee hours of the morning. To be continued in Germany...
4. Get a cup of Starbucks on the corner and take a walk on the Lawn with my dog. That's where I'll be this afternoon. 60 degree weather in February? Perfect!
5. Drink as many Starbucks soy lattes as possible. Let's just say it's a good thing I'm leaving Starbucks land because soy lattes are now moving from occasional splurge into full on addiction.
6. Paint Mom’s living room. Check!
7. Find the perfect pair of jeggings. To be continued...
8. Beat Grace at Just Dance until she gets annoyed and gives up. Check! OK, she didn't get annoyed and give up, but I did beat her!
9. Wander around Washington DC. Check.
10. Attend another concert or live music of some sort. Didn't happen, but I did attend a great live music night while I was here. Loved it!
11. Bake the perfect cheesecake. Accomplished three times over. I'm now creating my own recipe.
12. Read my old journals. Check.
13. Spend an entire day in my pajamas. Check.
14. Raise $350 more in monthly support. Just $55 to go!
15. Get snowed-in. Check.
16. Re-watch all 6 seasons of the office. To be continued in Germany...
17. Clean out my stuff and find my UVA diploma. Check.
18. See my Grandma come home from the nursing home. Check.
19. Stay up all night talking with Gracelet. Change: Stay up all night texting with Gracelet. Check.
20. Kiss a stranger on the balcony of the Hotel du Cap. Hmmm. Might have to find this place when I'm in Europe ;)

We are quickly coming to the end of the 30 day Challenge with just $55 dollars to go! If you haven't made a pledge for the next year yet, would you consider being a part of this?

Lastly, today is the last day to enter the free book giveaway. Just leave a comment on that post for a chance to win!

1 comment:

sherryrdavis said...

Emily, wherever you go and whatever you do, you will be a blessing. I'm glad that you got some things on your bucket list "checked":)

Love and prayers,
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...