Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reasons to be happy

Seven reasons to be happy today:

1. Tomorrow is graduation! Yay!

2. Our school is just a few thousand Rand away from making our budget by tomorrow! We've squeezed and squeezed and prayed and prayed and we've almost made it. Praise the Lord!

3. I am on my last can of tuna - you know what that means!

4. I got my hair cut today - a little happy break in the middle of all this craziness.

5. My grandma is starting to recover and my grandfather is officially cancer-free.

6. My suitcase is only 1 kilo overweight.

And I saved the best for last…

7. I got an apartment! YAY!

This is where I have been living for the past two years...




Yep, that's all of it.

This is where I will be living when I come back in April...


That's right - my own kitchenette and, you can't see, but also my own bathroom. Yay! It’s still small, but it’s perfect for me!

A few weeks ago I bought an internet modem which, although it was only $50, I thought was a big step because it meant investing in something I can only use here in South Africa. A week later I found myself committing to an apartment. And a week after that, buying a sofa for that apartment! What have I gotten myself into?!?!

Anyways, I’m feeling really blessed and excited and a tiny little bit overwhelmed.

And that’s why I’m happy today. What about you?

P.S. While I was writing this, someone knocked on my door with more money for the school. So now I'm doubly happy about number 2 :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...