Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cinderemma

Our house has been very full lately - my parents, my sister, me, my friend/little brother’s fiancé (and him most of the time too) plus grandpa who lives next door and spends a lot of time over here, my uncle and aunt, two cousins, one great aunt, three dogs, a guinea pig, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I ceded my bed to my great aunt during Christmas. I guess since she’s 90 years old, she probably out ranks me. That means I get to sleep with my sister, which would have been fine because she has a big bed except for the fact that my sister-in-law's dog, Wongja, insists on sleeping in the bed too, and not just on the bed but on my pillow, breathing in my ear.

This is pretty much how I woke up Christmas morning.



I'd push him off if he wasn't so dang cute. How can you say "no" to this face?





His name is Wongja which means "Prince" in Korean. Yep, he's a Korean dog...it's a long story.

He sleeps a lot of places actually...


He gets around. Here he is visiting the residents at my grandma's nursing home.



Meanwhile, I get to be the full-time cook in the house since my sister works full time and my mom and grandpa have been crazy busy taking care of my grandmother at the hospital. So I pack lunches, prepare breakfast, cook dinner, do the grocery shopping, clean bathrooms and floors - kind of like Cinderella, I guess. Cinderemma?

I'm just waiting for the prince to come and rescue me...


...and I don't mean Wongja!

1 comment:

Priscila said...

Hahahahaha! Hilarious! I particularly like the picture of you and your sister in bed with the dogs - *very* dignified! I'll make sure to spread this one at school... thinking of suggesting we make a great big poster and set it up on the front door, instead of the Bible verse this term, waddya think? :P

Miss you, Em!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...