Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Walking on mountains


This was the view from my front door for the past two days.



The mountains minister to me in a way that nothing else does. In the stillness of this view, God was reminding me of the verse He gave me when I first came to South Africa, Habakkuk 3:19 “The Lord God is my strength. He makes my feet like deer’s feet and makes me walk on my high places.”

I don’t know what your “high places” are right now. Maybe you are standing in the valley of the shadow of those challenges, those debts, that illness, that broken relationship, and they look insurmountable to you. But I pray that when you feel small, and the uncertain future looks very large, God will whisper to you the reminders of His promises and that He will enable you to walk on the mountains of your life.

1 comment:

mikthehick said...

em this post is fantastic--i feel the same way--Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...