Friday, October 2, 2009

It's raining rubbish...

Have you seen the preview for that movie where the boy makes it rain food? Well today I was walking home from the mall on a beautiful day and looked up and it was raining garbage! Lots of little papers and plastic Pick n Pay bags were floating down from way up above, wafting back and forth like funny flat birds against the clear blue sky. I thought for a moment that it looked like one of those scenes from a war movie where the planes roar overhead and drop little leaflets to say, “You are free!” or “The war is over!” Then I saw another guy on the road walking backwards and, like me, gazing up at the sky in wonderment. After a few moments, he leaned over a nearby fence into a neighboring yard and asked one of the Mamas sitting on her patio, “Excuse me, maam, do you know why trash is falling from the sky?” We didn't get an answer, but we mused for a moment that a plane must have flown overhead and taken the opportunity to empty all its rubbish over Worcester. Anyways, I laughed all the way home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...