Sunday, September 13, 2009

Busy, crazy, wonderful!

The past month has been so busy and crazy and wonderful all at once! Our first TESOL course finished two weeks ago and our students graduated as certified English teachers. How exciting to train more English teachers to go into the nations! We also hosted the YWAM coordinator for ESL, Jan Warren. It was wonderful to have her here as she encouraged us and imparted fresh vision to our staff. We are officially the largest YWAM English school in the world and the only one running four levels consecutively year round. God has truly blessed us.

Our TESOL class...



Also, my sister, Grace, came to visit from Poland! We had a fantastic time together! While she was here, I celebrated my 24th birthday. The school had a surprise party for me which was really special to share with Grace. She fit right in! Although I had to work during the week, we got to spend two fun weekends in Cape Town. We visited Table Mountain, saw the penguins at Boulders Beach, had coffee and fish and chips at the sea, and watched whales from the rocks at Hermanus. It was really such wonderful time and special blessing from God!

On Table Mountain...



With penguins at Boulders Beach...



Whale watching at Hermanus...



In the midst of TESOL graduation and my sister visiting, I had a small procedure at the doctor’s a few weeks ago. I was sitting in the “surjery room” watching the nurse wash the lunch dishes and clean the doctor’s instruments at the same time, and thought, “Yes, this really is Africa.” But everything went well, praise the Lord, and I got the stitches out last week.

Next week, our July term will be graduating, and we’ll have a week to catch our breath before the next term starts. Of our graduating class, two students will be returning to their missions in Guinea Bissau; three will be working with ministries in South Africa and Botswana; three will be going on to further missions training, and two will be returning to their home countries. Somewhere about half-way through this term, I was sure I wouldn’t make it to the end. But I did! I have learned so much, and I am really grateful to God and excited about what He has in the future!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...