Friday, June 26, 2009

New things

My mentor and the current ELS director is stepping down at the end of this month and I will be taking over leadership of the English Language School here. With this new role as ELS director comes a lot of responsibility as I will be running a school of 30 to 40 people every term and leading a staff of eight people who are all older than me! I am partially terrified at what I’m getting myself into but mostly really excited about the challenge and the opportunity to grow.

I am beginning to realize that with all that this job requires, I really need a vehicle. South Africa has one of the highest crime rates in the world, and although I live in a small town it is still unsafe for me to go anywhere alone. This makes getting around REALLY difficult. After nearly two years of walking in the elements and riding every kind of “public transportation” imaginable, I feel it’s time to invest in something safer. So I am trusting God to provide the finances for a new (new to me) car. This is a big step of faith not just for buying the car but also for all the monthly expenses that come along with owning a vehicle. I think I can purchase a reliable car for about $4000 which is nearly half of my yearly support - so I am really trusting God! I want to ask if you will pray with me in this and consider giving a special gift toward my car fund.

Thank you for your ongoing prayers and for walking (and hopefully soon “driving”) with me on this adventure God has called me to.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...