Thursday, February 26, 2009

New challenges

I never know how to start these posts. So I guess I'll just jump right in.

Starting next week, the director of the ELS school is going away for three weeks and leaving me in charge of the school. I am partly terrified with the thought of having to lead a school of 45 students and 11 staff, 9 of which are all older than me, and partly excited with the challenge and the opportunity to grow in leadership skills and experience. It helps to know that the director really believes in me and has full in confidence that I can do this. I know it will be good for me, but right now it looks quite daunting. Because we don't have enough teachers, I will be still carrying my full teaching load along with the responsibilities of leading the school. So please, please pray for me these next few weeks. I need strength, energy, and wisdom, wisdom, wisdom!

Over the weekend, we had a school outing to a nearby "resort" for a few days. It was so stressful organizing everything, but also very refreshing to be off of the base and to enjoy the majesty of His creation. As soon as we got back, it was back to work to get everything ready before the director leaves. Wednesday was an extremely stressful, frustrating and emotionally draining day. And then today, I worked from 8:00am until 9:30pm with a 1 hour break for lunch.

In the midst of everything, I am holding to the promise of Psalm 94:19 "In the multitude of the anxieties within me, your comforts delight my soul."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...