Monday, January 19, 2009

Still in C-ville

Yes, I am still in C-ville. It's been a little longer than I had hoped, but I have enjoyed having some extra time with everyone. On Wednesday, I will find out for sure the status on my visa and hopefully leave on Saturday or Monday.

I have had the most fantastic time at home though. I got to do everything I wanted and so much more. Some of the highlights were Christmas shopping in America, two beautiful weddings (thanks to the visa delay I got to be here for Courtney and Brian's wedding too!), cuddling new babies, a UVA basketball game, Christmas Eve with family and friends, New Years Eve in DC, lots of Starbucks and Christians' pizza, hearing Grandpa preach and sharing stories with Grandma, watching my little niece on the webcam, seeing the mountains, meals and games and fun with friends from near and far, and best of all just getting to relax at home with the family.

Besides all that I accomplished a lot with doctors and dentist visits, a presentation at my church, buying materials for the school and things I needed, getting an international drivers' license, and sorting out my visa of course.

So what was supposed to be a jam packed four weeks at home turned into six! Even though I am frustrated with missing the first couple weeks of teaching, I am comforted by the truth that God's timing is always perfect. I will be sad to leave everyone here of course, but my time at home has been so much more than I could ever have hoped with so much fun and joy.

Thanks for all your prayers! I will update this again and let you know my final departure date.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...