Saturday, December 20, 2008

December Update

As I look back on the past year I am really amazed at God’s faithfulness. For me, it has been undoubtedly the most challenging year of my life. Through the ups and downs of leading an entire English Language School, through a violent break-in, through car accidents, through stabbings, through bugs and rats and snakes and ants, through sleepless nights, through drought, through abundance, through lack, through the depths of loneliness, and through the heights of joy that only He and I will ever know…through every situation God has been so faithful, and I can truly say, “Not one word has failed of all the wonderful promises He gave," (1 Kings 8:56).

As this term comes to a close here at the English Language School and I prepare to come home, I am so deeply thankful for all of you for standing with me through this year. Although we are so far apart, I know that through your prayers and your sacrificial giving, I have been standing on your shoulders. Whatever seeds I have sown and whatever fruit I have seen is yours also. And you truly do have an inheritance in the nations (Ps. 2:8). As I look ahead to another year of serving God overseas, I do not look with naiveté or blindness - I know there will be greater challenges, bigger battles, and more sleepless nights. But I also know that there is no better team I would rather have with me than all of you. And I know that in the end it will be worth it all.

I am excited to be coming back to Charlottesville for four weeks. I would like to invite you all to my church’s annual missions’ night on January 9 at 7:00pm at Grace Covenant Church (609 E. Market St. – across from the police station) where I will be sharing about my experiences over the past year and showing pictures. I hope to see all of you there!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...