Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Counting my blessings

It’s amazing how quickly you forget what life is like in the bush. This weekend our internet service on the base was down for two days. No facebook, no email, no news for two whole days – I didn’t know what to do with myself! I can’t even imagine how I ever survived weeks at a time in Kenya without any internet access at all or any communication with the outside world except a once a week phone call with my family. God really does give sufficient grace for every situation he places us in. And although I know it’s so cliché, this Thanksgiving I am really counting my blessings. I am thankful that I have a clean bed and a clean, bug and critter-free room. I’m thankful that I have water, clean water, whenever I need it. I’m thankful that I have a shower and a toilet. I’m thankful that I have food that I enjoy and plenty of it. Even though I can’t be with them, I’m thankful that I have a family who are all healthy and who all love the Lord and that I have the ability to communicate with them whenever I need to. I’m thankful that I have the privilege of living out God’s call on my life in such a beautiful place as Worcester. I’m thankful for the privilege of teaching English to missionaries and young people who will go on to impact many lives, people groups, tribes, and nations. And I’m thankful for the family God has placed me in here who even though they have no clue what Thanksgiving is will still celebrate with me just because they love me. Yep, I have a lot to be thankful for. So Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...