Saturday, October 11, 2008

October Newsletter

(An excerpt from my October newsletter..)

Last month, I said goodbye to my students and friends and family in Kenya as I returned to South Africa to teach English. I was blessed to have my grandparents come visit during my last week there. They ministered to the staff and kids at Ray of Hope and also brought many gifts like new dresses for all the preschool girls. It was difficult to say goodbye to everyone, but most difficult to say goodbye to my preschool students many of whom are Muslim like Mwanahamisi. I ache to think if she will ever know the love of her Savior. I always wonder if I said enough, if I hugged her enough, if I loved her enough, and in the midst of my tears, God reminds me that this is just a tiny glimpse of the aching and longing He feels in His heart for those who don’t know Him. And that’s why I do what I do.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...