Saturday, June 21, 2008

Work, work, work

I'm glad I was "rested" when I last blogged because I just finished the most exhausting week ever! There is so much work to be done with finishing up the school and dealing with student issues plus preparing to move to Kenya and getting ready for Mom to come. Two nights in a row I was up till 1:30 or 2:30 working and then got up at 6:30 or 7:00 the next morning. In college, I could do that with no problem 'cause all I had to do the next day was sit through class and then go home and crash. I'm finding it's quite a different story when you have to be the happy teacher all day the next day. Yesterday, after giving oral exams for three hours straight, I escaped into town to regain my sanity over a mocha shake at Stiggbucks. It does the trick.

Today, I took my Sabbath and rested. I went to lunch with Baba Choi and his family, watched movies, and hid out in my room and had some really good times with God. He is speaking.

Tomorrow, it's back to work...

P.S. I love google earth. Here is a little map pinpointing the base, the "dala dala stand" (dala dalas are the public transport i catch into town) and the Shop Rite complex where Stiggbucks is and the nice grocery store (pretty much the white-people's mecca in Arusha).


View Larger Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...