Sunday, May 11, 2008

Pringles and Pancakes

So per my brother's request, I am posting a little update for you all.

I am doing well. I had a busy week as usual. Not much excitement. Usually the highlight of my week is food related, haha. I bought hotdogs and Pringles and corn at the grocery store last weekend and cooked an "American" meal, even though I would NEVER eat hotdogs and pringles in the states, but it made me happy. On Friday night I spent the night at another missionary's house. It was lovely. I had pizza and ice cream and watched movies. In the morning, I had pancakes and a hot shower and even got to straighten my hair! Yesterday, I went to the movie theater with a friend for the first time. We saw "Vantage Point" which made me feel very patriotic.

This week marks the half-way point in the school. Praise the Lord! I'm starting to look ahead to going to Kenya in July. I'm hoping to get to take a few days of vacation before I head back to the bush bush. We'll see...

1 comment:

Hwa-Jung said...

Hi Emily! Yay for hot showers! I am sure that it must have felt great! I liked your last post about not feeling like the brave missionary, but still being obedient. I can totally relate to just being obedient to take it one day at a time when things are rough. And I think that it's so funny that your highlights are often food related. It's amazing how much food plays into our daily contentment. We take it for granted when we have whatever we want to eat right there, but when it isn't, it's such a blessing when you can get "comfort" food. My mom just sent me a cooler full of Korean food via my sister today. So, that was a good mother's day present for me. Luke and I are praying for you and we hope you get those days of vacation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...