Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Nothing is impossible..."

Wow! Isn't it wonderful how God delights to amaze us with His love? Well, this week, he did that for me.

For a long time, I've been praying and hoping that my mom would get to come visit me. Two weeks ago, I got this crazy idea that mom or dad could come over at the end of the school and go on vacation with me and then come to Kenya with me for a few days. As I was getting ready for bed one night, I told God that I knew it was a crazy idea but that it would be really great if he could make it happen. That week, on our weekly skype convo, I broached the idea with my parents. It seemed impossible. Tickets were too ridiculously expensive. "Maybe in the fall," Dad said. Then this week, mom called with the news that, thanks to my Granddad, she's coming to visit me exactly as I had hoped! Isn't God amazing?! I'm so excited I can hardly sleep!

But that's not all...

As June approaches, the weather is turning quite cold here. Now it's one thing to take a shower or a bucket bath in warm weather but quite another to take one when it's cold and overcast. The one is endurable, but the other is more like a mild form of torture. Yesterday just happened to be one such cold overcast day. I had to shower though as it was getting on 3 days and I didn't really have a choice. We have solar panels that occasionally warm the water for you on sunny days, but today was overcast so I knew there wouldn't be any. So I got in the shower and stuck my hand under the icy cold water and prayed, "Lord, you turned water into wine. I believe you can make this water hot for me." And I waited...and miraculously the water slowly got warm and I had a warm shower! OK, so you might be laughing as you're reading this, but if you've ever had to go days without showering only to step under an icy dripping faucet when it's 50 degrees out, you know that this is no small miracle.

Anyways, the point is... it was just another way of God saying, "I love you, Emily."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...