Friday, May 23, 2008

Be nice to your teachers and other random thoughts

Sometimes I wish I had been a teacher before I had been a student. I would have been a much better student.

It is so strange to think that it is summer back home. It just keeps getting colder and colder here, and I definitely did not come prepared for cold weather. At night, I sleep with two shirts and a jacket, a sheet, a fleece blanket and a comforter and I'm still cold! But I just know that when I get to Mombasa I'll be complaining about the heat. Here I can always put on more clothes, but you can only take off so much. So I really should be counting my blessings.

Pray for South Africa. There's been a lot of violence against immigrants and refugees especially from Mozambique and Zimbabwe.

Just finished reading "A Man Called Peter." Very inspiring.

Last thought, does anyone remember that guy at the state fair who was trying to sell the cookware? Remember how pathetic he was and how all 15 of us or so sat through his entire show, but he had no idea we were all together and none of us had any money. And Luke sat smack dab in the front and had seconds of everything he cooked. Anyways, I don't know why but I was thinking of that the other day and it made me chuckle. Poor guy. I hope he found another job. Selling cookware was not for him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...