Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Prayer

One of the great things about living on a YWAM base is that there are constantly new visitors and guest speakers for the many schools on the base. So we get lots of opportunities to be encouraged, challenged, and to feed off the experience, wisdom, and vision of veteran missionaries from around the world. This week, one of the African regional directors was visiting. He shared many eye-opening stories about his experiences among the Zulu tribes of South Africa. He said that the number one thing that African missionaries need to be aware of is the prevalance of witch craft and just how much it pervades every area of life on the African continent. Because of this, he really stressed how vital it is for missionaries in Africa to have people who are constantly covering them in prayer.

So I just want to take a moment to thank all of you who labor in prayer for me. It really does make a world of difference! I realize more and more just how much I need your prayers every day. To all of you who have been praying for me and do pray for me on a regular basis, THANK YOU! You are invaluable.

If you are reading this and perhaps you don't pray for me on a regular basis, I really do covet your prayers. If you don't know what specifically to pray for, you can always pray for protection. From deadly snakes, to muggings, to mobs, I am in constant need of protection. You can pray for my health. I heard about a missionary today who discovered he has full blown AIDS contracted from a dirty needle. If I am not in good health, I cannot effectively accomplish the things God has for me. You can pray for my ministry and the people I am ministering to - for the power of God to be in all that I do. I can work like crazy, but without the power of God it is all worthless - He's the one who leads people to salvation, not any man. And finally my general mental and emotional state. Homesickness, loneliness, hopelessness - these are all feelings I struggle with.

So I beseech you to set a regular time and pray for me. Pray for me as you read this, pray for me when you sit down to eat, pray for me whenever you can so that the Gospel may be spread in all of Africa and the Kingdom of God will come in the hearts of the people here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...