Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

I have had a long holiday weekend which has been wonderful. I went to church on Friday and on Sunday. I love my church here. It is the first time that I have ever found another church where I really feel at home. Even though it’s in Afrikaans, they sing in English and have translation in the back during the sermon. I will really miss it. Here's a picture of it:



Last week, was our last week of classes. The Level 3 students organized a “braai” to celebrate. A “braai” is a South African barbeque. I ate a LOT of meat, which the Koreans grilled over the fire with chopsticks and then served with rice, of course.



Over the weekend, I had dinner with two of my friends. They are leaving here about the same time as I am to go work with Heidi Baker in Mozambique. I just read Heidi Baker’s autobiography “Always Enough,” and I am jealous.

On Saturday, some of my Korean friends took me to lunch and a movie. The movies are only like $2.50 here, so I’ve seen three already. Yesterday we saw 10,000 BC which was entertaining, but nothing special. The guys liked it because it’s an action movie - they say those are the only kind they can understand. I love watching movies with ESL people though. They always laugh at the strangest moments – when they are the only ones in the whole theater who are laughing – it makes me laugh too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...