Monday, February 4, 2008

The latest plan

"A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps" - Proverbs 16:9

OK, here's the latest plan. I say the "latest" plan because I'm learning that in Africa plans ALWAYS change. Knowing what I'll be doing the next day is difficult, muchless the next year! For a hyper-organizational borderline OCD personality (as Sam says), this is a real challenge. My DTS leader always said, "The number one rule of outreach is BE FLEXIBLE!" How true.

That said, here's the latest plan...I'll be leaving this Saturday to head to Worcester, South Africa where I am helping with an English Language School on a YWAM base for two months. From there, I'll fly up to Arusha, Tanzania to teach another English Language School at a YWAM base there until June. Then hopefully things will have calmed down and I will be able to head back to Kenya in June.

Meanwhile, I am trying to figure out how to fit clothes, teaching materials, and gifts, basically my life for the next year, into two suitcases with a combined weight of less than 100 pounds...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...