Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January Update

Happy New Year! I find it hard to believe that it’s already January and a new year has begun. In all my travels, I have never felt so thankful and blessed to be in America. I have enjoyed every minute at home with my family. They laugh at me during mealtimes because of how much I enjoy the food – especially meat! Christmas brought lots of much-needed supplies for life in the bush like a headlamp which will make evening trips to the outhouse a bit easier, a worldband radio that promises to get English broadcasts even in the bush, and a new pair of tennis shoes to replace the ones that were burned in the fires. I can’t wait to try them out!

If you have been watching the news recently, you’ve probably been seeing Kenya in the headlines quite a bit. There has been a lot of violence in the country following the disputed presidential elections. The American Embassy is discouraging all travel to Kenya right now, so I won’t be able to return there as quickly as I had hoped. In the mean time, I will be teaching an English Language School at the Youth With A Mission base in Arusha, Tanzania until it’s safe to return to Kenya. Right now, I’m focusing on getting organized for the school and preparing to move back overseas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...