Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Attacked!

Saturday night, 2:00 am, I woke up to Safari ants crawling in my hair (if you don't know what they are, look them up - in short, biting ants that draw blood). I turned on my flashlight and they were all over my room and our living room. I called for help, and we started tearing up everything flammable that we could find and lighting fires in the house - this is the only way to get rid of them. Turns out they were all over the compound. We spent the next two hours starting fires, burning tires, and spreading ash everywhere to get rid of them. It was awful! I didn't sleep the rest of that night - every time I closed my eyes I imagined ants crawling on me. I spent most of the night crying, praying, and talking to God.

I've been meditating on Psalm 73:23-28: "Nevertheless, I am continually with You. You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel...My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever...It is good for me to draw near to God. I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Your works."

The good news is that I've recovered. The kids prayed for me a lot, and I'm sleeping through the nights again. My tennis shoes got burned up in the fires, but that was the only loss. God is faithful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
Wow! Sounds like you're having some exciting times and learning God's faithfulness in a whole new dimension. "Be strong and of good courage ... for the Lord is the One who goes with you." Deut 31:6
Love,
The Sheltons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...