Wednesday, October 3, 2007

October update


As I am writing this, it is suddenly hitting me that I am actually leaving in just 10 days! People keep asking me if I'm excited, and my answer is that, "I haven't even had time to be excited!" September was a busy month to say the least. It has been exciting to see all the new girls getting involved in Bible studies on campus, and I will be sad to say goodbye to them. (Here is a pic of me apple picking with some of my Bible study girls). One night as I was sitting in bed worrying about leaving all these girls that I have been ministering too, God gave me the verse John 15:16, "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last." That is the promise that I am holding onto as I leave UVA - that the fruit here will last.

Over the last month, it has been so humbling to see God providing for all my needs through so many people. Last week, I had to buy malaria medicine which was an expense I hadn't anticipated. That very Sunday God spoke to a family in my church to give an unexpected gift which helped cover my prescription costs. Others have donated jewelry, had yard sales, given mosquito nets and even skirts for me to wear over there! It is so comforting to go with the undergirding arms of the "family of God" - that's you!

1 comment:

Blissful said...

May God be a refuge for you, a guiding hand, a shining light, the peace that surpasses all understanding, in every situation. Love you!

Lauralee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...