Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September update

The last few weeks of support-raising have been going well, and I have already raised enough to cover the cost of my visas and my first plane ticket. While it has been a challenging time for me, it has also been encouraging to see God's faithfulness through it. All the applications for visas have gone through - praise the Lord - and I was able to make arrangements to travel over there with a team from a sister church. I will be leaving on October 11.

During the month of September, I will be back at work with my church's campus ministry where I am transitioning the women's Bible studies into the hands of new leaders. At the same time, I'm finishing up the details to leave for Kenya like selling my car and most of the other things I won't use while oversaes and all the other preparations that go into leaving the country!

In the midst of all the craziness last month, I celebrated my 22nd birthday which was a lot of fun. After being overseas for my birthday last year and planning to be overseas this time next year, I wanted to have an entirely American birthday, so we celebrated with an All-American dinner at Chili's and homemade cake. It was a blast!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...