Monday, September 24, 2007

Homesick for Heaven

"And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth ... longing for a better country—a heavenly one." – Heb. 11:13-16

I'm homesick for heaven. Do you know that feeling? This month I've been keenly aware of it, as I've been packing away my things and selling-off a lot of what I've collected over the years. God keeps reminding me of the temporariness of our lives on earth. We spend so much time and energy on trying to fit in, trying to belong, to make our place here, buy a home, find a job, get some sort of stability. And yet God says that we are to "live our lives as strangers here" (1 Peter 1:17). We don't belong here. Our home is in heaven...

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ” – Phil 3:20-21

Let my prayer be that I never "fit in," but that I keep my eyes forever fixed on my eternal home in heaven.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...